6 September 2021
We are excited to offer a number of voluntary coaching opportunities for the 2021/22 season to work alongside the Academy Strength and Conditioning team at London Irish. The role is suitable for anyone interested in working within Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science or Coaching Science who wants to gain experience and skills in an elite youth rugby environment.
Aims of the Role
- Work alongside Academy Strength and Conditioning staff to observe and learn coaching practices at elite level sport.
- Assist with implementation and delivery of gym-based sessions.
- Assist in the implementation and delivery of field-based rugby and conditioning sessions.
- Learn and assist in the practice of data collection and implementation from loads, RPE and wellness data.
- Ask questions and challenge where appropriate to further the development of all strength and conditioning staff.
- Observe and assist with the strength and conditioning provision for the ACE program based at Hazelwood.
- Lead, plan and deliver sessions on the Developing Player Programme (DPP).
- Be an active member in our CPD programme.
- Assist in administrative tasks within the strength and conditioning department.
Perks of the Role
- Opportunity to observe an entire season of physical preparation for elite youth rugby players.
- Ability to refine coaching skills with junior academy playing groups.
- Mentorship from experienced strength and conditioning, sports science, professionals.
- Opportunity to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills over the course of the mentorship.
- Ability to partake in staff CPD events free of charge.
- Opportunities for networking with club connections.
- Please note that this is a voluntary role and as such is unpaid. It is an excellent opportunity to gain experience alongside world class performance staff and elite athletes.
These roles are based within our junior Academy programme, located at various locations throughout our Academy region:
Chiswick (Middlesex); Harrow (Middlesex); Reading/Newbury (Berkshire); Southampton (Hampshire); Sunbury on Thames (Surrey)
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and C.V. along with a short video of you coaching a movement/skill of your choice to [email protected].
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021