26 May 2019
DPP Coach (Developing Player Programme)/AASE backs Coach
13 May 2019
Closing date - Wednesday 22 May
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Job Purpose: The London Irish Academy are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and passionate individual to join the club. The successful candidate will become a coach for the Developing Player Programme (DPP) whilst also taking on the AASE (Achieving Academic and Sporting Excellence) backs coach position. (Click here for more information on the AASE programme)
- Assist the DPP manager in the overall running of the London Irish Developing Player Programme.
- To become manager and lead coach at three DPP sites.
- Assist the DPP manager in the running of the DPP trial events.
- Attend all London Irish DPP fixtures.
- Deliver on all London Irish DPP half-term/holiday sessions.
- Deliver feedback to all DPP players.
- Manage the player release process.
- Assist the AASE manager in the coaching of the AASE squad, with a focus on the backs.
- Assist the AASE manager in the organisation and delivery of AASE trials and information evenings.
- Deliver sessions at Coach Education Workshops/Continous Player Development for Berkshire, Hampshire and Middlesex.
- Attend a minimum of 1.5 school/club/county games per week (focusing on Berkshire, Hampshire and Middlesex U13-15).
- Identify and recruit players for the London Irish DPP sites.
- Report to the academy manager (Patrick O'Grady).
Level 3 coaching qualification or similar - desirable
Experience in working with player development with a variety of ages - desirable
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]