8 July 2021
The London Irish community department are looking for a rugby coach in the Inner London - Southwark area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To support the Head of Community and assist in the delivery of programmes in schools and clubs. Manage relationships at the schools and clubs, in the development, delivery and reporting of all community rugby initiatives.
• Creating and maintaining a strong working relationship with the schools, clubs and partners within Berkshire, Hampshire and London.
• To plan and deliver high quality coaching sessions to people of all ages, genders and abilities, within schools, rugby clubs and within the local Community.
• Attend club events camps, clinics, and match days.
• To visit and actively support local clubs.
• To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching and training sessions.
• To ensure the safety and welfare of all participants in coaching and training sessions.
• To facilitate club and school links.
• To promote all London Irish revenue generating areas and provide leads for the Community team.
• To be creative and forthcoming with new ideas to help grow the community department within the club and generate greater efficiency across our delivery programmes.
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasions during times of peak activity, including evenings and weekends.
• To represent London Irish to the highest possible standard.
• To comply with London Irish, Premiership Rugby and RFU policies and procedures as appropriate.
• To build positive working relationships throughout the community game.
Qualifications, Education, Key Skills Requirements and Personal Attributes.
• An RFU coaching qualification (minimum Rugby Union Level 2).
• A current RFU Enhanced DBS disclosure.
• A current clean driving license.
• Valid First Aid Certificate.
• Educated to a minimum of 'GCSE' standard. Preferably with at least five GCSEs at grade C or above.
• The successful candidate will have experience of coaching / teaching across a range of age groups and in different locations.
• The successful candidate should have a good knowledge and understanding of the game.
• Able to communicate effectively and to present a highly professional image when representing London Irish.
• Must demonstrate an ability to organise and plan effectively.
To apply, please email [email protected] along with a CV and covering letter.
£21,000 + Bonus potential.
Applications close at 15.00pm on July 26th 2021.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be responding to successful candidates. If you do not hear from us by Wednesday 28th July, then assume we do not wish to take your application further currently.