17 January 2020
Commercial Sales Executive
9 January 2020
London Irish are halfway through an historic and memorable final season at the Madejski Stadium before moving to the new Brentford Community Stadium in September 2020. Playing in the top flight of English rugby - the Gallagher Premiership - the club are looking for an enthusiastic Commercial Sales Executive to help create a memorable last season in the Thames Valley and maximise attendances and revenues as the club embarks on its new chapter in West London.
Job titles: Commercial Sales Executive
Salary: Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames / Brentford
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Attendance at all home match days is required with lieu days given. Some out of hours work when necessary.
This role requires a tenacious and professional sales individual.
As part of the commercial team you will be responsible for the sale of seasonal hospitality and match day hospitality. You will develop and maintain relationships with existing seasonal and new match day clients to meet ambitious income targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, approach and successfully develop new prospects and business opportunities to achieve agreed targets.
- Manage and grow existing relationships with corporate clients to drive incremental business.
- Engage with lapsed customers in order to re-establish a relationship and drive revenue.
- Manage the renewals process for your existing accounts.
- Co-ordinate with the stadium operations to ensure a "best-in-class" customer experience.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Experience of working in a fast moving, sales focused, target driven environment with proven success in winning new business.
- Sales experience in the hospitality/sports/entertainment industry would be beneficial.
- Experience using CRM systems would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to offer a first-class, professional account management service to commercial customers and to build strong business relationships at all levels.
- Drive and ambition with a proactive approach to identifying opportunities, generating new leads and producing sales presentations.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and a keen eye for detail.
- Sound personal qualities such as good communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self – motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure.
- Commercial acumen.
- Financial literacy.
- Demonstrates both creative and operational thinking and judgement.
- Acts as a role model in embodying core club values and culture
- Resilient and ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Customer Focus - Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; acts with customers in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Planning and Organising - Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
- Quality Orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Initiative Taking – Self-starter who takes action to achieve goals and goes beyond what is expected.
To apply, please send your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 24 January.