Job Title: Club Doctor
Reporting to: Head of Performance London Irish RFC
Contract Type: Contract for services
Work Pattern: 1 x 5 hour Weekly Sports Medicine Clinics Matchday Team Doctor rota
Salary: To be discussed at Interview
Location: Hazelwood Centre, Hazelwood Drive, Green Street, Lower Sunbury TW16 6QU
Contact: Please contact [email protected] for more details
Role and purpose of the position
To work as part of the London Irish Performance Team to support a world class performance environment; specifically focusing on the provision of medical support across the club in alignment with the Performance Team goals.
The club doctor will undertake weekly sports medicine clinics alongside being available to providecover for Matchday Team Doctor duties for London Irish in the Gallagher Premiership, PremiershipCup and European Heineken Cup.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ordering and maintenance of medication stocks and maintain appropriate documentation in compliance with RFU Minimum Standards.
They will also assist with clinical governance to ensure London Irish meet the RFU MinimumStandards Criteria and best medical practice.
Qualifications and Training
- MSc or Diploma in Sports Medicine
- License to practice in the UK
- PHICIS Level 3 or equivalent qualification and experience delivering emergency care inan elite sporting environment
- Detailed knowledge of managing both acute and chronic sports injuries and medical illness
- Knowledge of dealing with mental health issues
- Detailed knowledge of managing concussions and the Graded RTP
- Established experience as a Team Doctor in elite sport (especially rugby union) and inmanaging and participating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience managing rugby union players with concussion
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong diagnostic ultrasound skills
- Good team player
- Good organizational skills to include record keeping
- Adaptable and flexible in working arrangements to support the needs of the organisation