London Irish is committed to the promotion of equality, inclusion, diversity and fair treatment in all area of the club.
London Irish does not tolerate discrimination, harassment or victimisation on the grounds of sex, race, disability, age, religious or political belief (including lack of belief), sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment or social background.
We will therefore:
- Provide a welcoming environment for participants and visitors from all sections of the community, regardless of background or ability
- Commit to taking steps to develop a culture which prevents individuals, including players, members, officials, coaches, volunteers, staff, and supporters being discriminated against on the grounds listed above
- Tackle any incidents of discrimination, harassment or victimisation that are brought to London Irish’s attention
- Comply with our legal* and moral obligations to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation, and to improve equality in triathlon
- Investigate through our disciplinary process complaints of discrimination or misconduct relating to alleged breaches of this equality policy. Where these are upheld, we will impose appropriate sanctions, which might include expulsion and/or referral to other agencies where appropriate
- Pay due regard to the promotion of equality, diversity and fair treatment during the development and delivery of policies, procedures and actions
- Recognise and encourage diversity, inclusion and respect in our volunteers and staff, or to those who have roles within the clubs, ensuring that we are equitable in our work with them
- Regularly review our recruitment policy to ensure that it pays due regard to equality
- Take steps wherever possible to increase the proportion of participants (including players, members, officials, coaches and volunteers) from under-represented groups, including through the use of positive action where appropriate
- Nominate a responsible person for overseeing, implementing and monitoring an equality policy within London Irish, ensuring members are aware of this point of contact in case of any concerns that the policy has been breached
- Review the policy in line with any legislation change or after every 3 years
*Equality Act 2020
Last Reviewed July 2020