Location: Sunbury on Thames
Working hours: 9am-5pm. All home matchdays. Weekends and out of hours events.
Closing Date: 26th February - email [email protected] to apply.
To lead in managing the day-to-day merchandise operations of London Irish – to include product design, sourcing, alongside procurement and sales in conjunction with the Head of Operations.
To drive the development of new merchandise opportunities for London Irish alongside detailed reporting of all revenue streams
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the Head of Operations to understand the budgeted targets and various revenue streams to achieve these objectives.
- To manage the Club’s merchandise operations in the stadium in conjunction with Reading Football Club as per the stadium contract.
- To manage the relationship with the online manager at O’Neills to ensure that all stock is available. This should include sufficient preparations are made for the arrival of new stock, including photography and club based media launches.
- To understand the O’Neills (official kit partner) retail account and range designs to ensure that it complies with contract requirements and maximises revenues.
- To develop a strategy for growth in the Club’s merchandise operations outside of the match day experience.
- To liaise with colleagues about the merchandise requirements of sponsors’/partners’ activation to ensure contractual commitments are delivered.
- To report on all revenue streams across merchandise to ensure regular updates are available to the Head of Operations.
- Work with the Head of Operations to manage any partner relationships
Skills and Characteristics
- A graduate with merchandise buying, sports brand marketing and retail experience gained in either a retail or club environment.
- Track record of delivering brand objectives for a club and its sponsors.
- Business developer able to drive growth from existing partnerships.
- Excellent people communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Effective networker.
- Diligent and well organised with a “can-do” attitude.
- Able to work weekends and unusual hours as the position requires and matches are played at weekends.
- Commercial acumen.
- Understanding of role of merchandise and related revenues in professional sport.
- Financial literacy.
- Demonstrates both creative and operational thinking and judgement.
- Acts as a role model in embodying core club values and culture.
- Resilient and ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all merchandise opportunities to the Club are captured and explored.
- Customer Focus - Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service
- Planning and organising – Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans.
- Interpersonal sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
- Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Initiative Taking - Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is expected; drives to bring issues to a successful closure; self-starter.
Please email a covering letter along with CV to [email protected]. Please indicate current remuneration, salary expectation and notice period. Closing Date: 26th February