An exciting opportunity has arisen at London Irish to join our experienced sports medical team at our new state of the art training facility at Hazelwood. We are looking to recruit an organised, enthusiastic physiotherapist with experience of working in a professional rugby environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of both the senior and academy teams alongside the other members of the medical team.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Medical Services and must be a qualified Chartered Physiotherapist with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration and have worked in professional sport ideally rugby for at least 1 full year.
The first team physiotherapist will work with the other members of the medical team in assessing, treating and rehabilitating both senior and academy players.
- Provide accurate diagnosis and oversee treatment and rehabilitation of the senior and academy players.
- Liaise with the Head of Medical Services regarding the progress of all injured players to ensure accurate injury information can be disseminated to the coaching staff.
- Provide match day Physiotherapy cover to the senior and academy squad when required.
- Keeping documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and HCPC.
- Assist in keeping accurate detailed records of all injuries (training and playing) including type of injuries, frequency of injuries and games missed.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Medical Services regarding assessment findings and treatment progression for the players, injury status and progress on a daily basis.
- Assist with treatments and prehab/rehab for senior squad and academy as required.
- Assist with musculoskeletal screening of all players as required.
- Provide match day physiotherapy and pitchside trauma cover for the Senior Team matches and training days and assist with academy games as required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues and players as well as outside the organisation, in order to support and promote London Irish Rugby Club.
- Assist the Head of Medical Services with injury audit, medical insurance and other matters as required.
- To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD programme.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the post-holders capabilities.
BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent for a minimum of three years
Immediate Care in Sport (ICIS) qualification
Minimum 1-2 years evidence of working as a physiotherapist in elite sport preferably rugby union
Msc in Sports Physiotherapy or equivalent
Head of Medical Services
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation
London Irish RFC
To be discussed at interview
Hazelwood Centre, Hazelwood Drive, Green Street, Lower Sunbury TW16 6QU
Fixed Term (Full time)
30th September 2016
5th October 2016
How to apply
Email CV (max 2 pages) & Covering letter (max 1 page) to [email protected]