11 March 2016
We have been overwhelmed with the messages of support for the team ahead of the first ever Aviva Premiership fixture overseas this Saturday 12th March when we take on Saracens at the Red Bull Arena (3pm EST / 8pm GMT).
London Irish are proudly going down in the history books for this landmark event and are honoured to be sharing this experience with our loyal supporters.
We would like to thank everyone in the #LIfamily for supporting us during this exciting time in the Clubs history. Here are a selection of well wishes that were sent to the Club ahead of the USA game.
- “Just want to wish the boys all the very best in New York. Go for it boys, make us proud & enjoy!!!! Love from Molly - head ball girl 🍀🏈💚
- “To Shane, I hope you have a good time in New York, I'm jealous that you’re there and I'm not (but some of us have to go to school) fingers crossed we get a win! Love from Molly xxxxx” – Becky Kirby
- “Good luck to the boys! From the Irish, English and New Jersey" - Lydon/Johnson/Kelly cousins.
- "C’mon you Irish!” – Andrew Watson
- “Dear team, Good luck for the game against Saracens. The Kehoe family cant be there unfortunately because of my work commitments. However, we will be watching and cheering you guys on. Enjoy the occasion and play with an attacking positivity that earns us fans around the world. Its a great opportunity for the club to widen our appeal worldwide. You have a great opportunity to be part of something very special - a win against Saracens would just 'make' the whole experience! Do the club proud, do your families proud, do the fans proud and do yourselves proud with a committed wholehearted performance. Carve up boys and go well” - Noel, Jo, James and Abigail Kehoe
- “I'd like to message the team. Would just like to say that the Irish Family is right behind you all and no matter what you read we all believe. Doubters are not real supporters. We all believe in the team to get the job done. Good luck team, see you all in Reading on the 20th. COYI #StrongerTogether” – Jacob Barr
- “I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of all at The Irish Post to wish London Irish RFC the very best of luck in their ground breaking match in the US. We are proud to be the Official Media Partner to the club and to be able to support you as you embark on this new era. We look forward to working on more exciting initiatives together in the future.” - Sarah Murphy (Commercial Manager, The Irish Post)
- “ Come on Irish! Here to cheer you on” - Linda, Tom, Richard and Tony
- “@LiRFC All the best to you all in NYC. Can’t be there but my heart is. Will be watching on the telly believing that we will have a win. COYI” – Kevin Mothersole
If you have a good luck message you want to share, tweet them to @LiRFC here or share them with us on our Facebook page here.
Match tickets for the USA game are on sale here. Don’t’ forget the match is also being shown live on BT sport (8pm UK time) and the Club are hosting big screen events at Hazelwood and at Grosvenor Reading South Casino. Click here to find out more.