22 March 2019
London Irish’s Chunya Munga and Luke Green will feature in the England U18s side to play France at Cheshunt RFC on Sunday 24 March (kick-off 2pm).
Luke Green featured in the side that beat Scotland 36-21 in an entertaining contest at Billingham RUFC last Sunday. Second row Chunya Munga makes his first appearance for England U18s this year, after touring South Africa with them last August in the Aon International Series.
In April an U19s side will play France in Bridgend before the U18 Six Nations festival which is being hosted by England Rugby at Hartpury College and University.
The U18s are led by pathway performance coaches Mallinder and Steve Bates, alongside consultant coaches Mark Luffman, Sean Marsden and London Irish’s Jonathan Fisher.
Jim Mallinder said: “The challenge will be integrating 23 players in a very short period of time into a winning team. I thought we did that very well last weekend with a different group and we’re looking forward to doing it again on Sunday.
“France always pride themselves on their set piece, we know they will be physical, a big side and will play with individual flair so it will be a good challenge for us.
“The majority of this side toured South Africa last August, we came together relatively quickly and had little preparation, played three international sides all older than us and over the three games improved so I’m looking forward to seeing how they’ve developed since then. I’ve seen the players perform for their clubs and they’ve all played really well so it will be good to see them playing together as an England team again.
“Home support is always important, we had a great crowd at Billingham last weekend and we’re excited to be playing in front of what we hope is a vocal support at Cheshunt.”
England men U18s
15. Freddie Steward Leicester Tigers (Norwich School)
14. Louis Lynagh Harlequins (Hampton School)
13. Tom Roebuck Sale Sharks (Wirral Grammar)
12. Max Ojomoh Bath Rugby (KES Bath)
11. Josh Gillespie Northampton Saints (Millfield School)
10. George Barton Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
9. Raphael Quirke Sale Sharks (St Ambrose College)
1. Zac Nearchou Wasps (Radley College)
2. Alfie Barbeary Wasps (Bloxham School)
3. James Whitcombe Leicester Tigers (Woodhouse Grove)
4. George Martin Leicester Tigers (Brooksby Melton College) - captain
5. Chunya Munga London Irish (Leighton Park School)
6. Joe Howard Gloucester Rugby (Hartpury College)
7. Jack Reid Harlequins (Wellington College)
8. Jack Clement Gloucester Rugby (Cheltenham College)
16. Theodore Dan Saracens (Alleyn's School)
17. Luke Green London Irish (St Paul’s Catholic College)
18. James Harper Sale Sharks (Merchant Taylor's)
19. Archie Benson Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
20. Josh Gray Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
21. Jack van Poortvliet Leicester Tigers (Oakham School)
22. Tom Curtis Sale Sharks (Sedbergh School)
23. Louis Hillman-Cooper Gloucester Rugby (Cheltenham College)
England U18 2019 home fixtures
England 36-21 Scotland
England v France
Sunday 24 March, KO 2pm GMT
Cheshunt RFC: for club details click - here
U18 Six Nations Festival fixtures
Matchday one - Saturday 13 April
KO Gillman’s Ground, Gloucester
12:00 England v Wales
14:30 Ireland v France
17:00 Scotland v Italy
Matchday two - Wednesday 17 April
KO Sixways Stadium, Worcester
11:00 France v Italy
13:30 Ireland v England
16:00 Wales v Scotland
Matchday three - Sunday 21 April
KO Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester
11:00 Scotland v Ireland
13.30 England v France
16:00 Italy v Wales