12 February 2015
London Irish - Job Specification
Job Title: Head of Finance
Company: London Irish RFC
Reporting to: Executive Chairman
Role: To maintain and enhance effective financial control processes to aid strategic planning, guide decision making, establish annual budgets and ensure cost controls. This is a senior management position in the Club.
- Control and deliver annual budget and budget report preparation for all group companies.
- Completion of monthly management accounts for all group companies.
- Completion of balance sheet report for all group companies.
- Completion of cash flow projections for all group companies.
- Completion of board pack and submission to Executive Chairman to include consolidation of the above three items.
- Involvement in quarterly re-forecast meetings and updating management accounts as necessary.
- Preparation of year end schedules for auditors as necessary.
- Liaising with auditors over year end accounts and assisting them during annual audit in office.
- Provide financial information, modelling and analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- Ensure completion of monthly payroll for all group employees to include inputting new employees, payroll changes, BACS run, payslips & P45's.
- Ensure completion of monthly payroll returns to HM Customs & Revenue for all group employees.
- Ensure completion of payroll year end returns for group and dealing with queries.
- Ensure completion of P11D's and dealing with queries.
- Ensure preparation and submission of monthly payroll contributions, posting onto nominal ledger and dealing with queries.
- Facilitate preparation of monthly commission schedules.
- Monthly review of salary cap and playing payroll forecasts and meetings with Head of Rugby Operations as necessary.
- Preparation of annual salary cap returns after meetings with Head of Rugby Operations.
- Dealing with both sets of auditors on salary capping, annual returns and both annual audits in office.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations as part of monthly management accounts work.
- Preparing and submitting group's quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly RFU academy expenditure reports.
- Regular updating of balance sheet event reconciliations and reconciliation to departmental figures.
- Dealing with queries from bank.
- Maintenance of bank software and daily printing off of bank statements.
- Assisting with office & IT system management.
- Occasional duties on a matchday.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be professionally qualified to high level with relevant experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of managing staff and budgets.
- Leads by example and work collaboratively to grow and nurture direct reports.
- Interested in rugby.
- Present a highly professional image when representing the Club.
- Stamina and flexibility to cope with unsociable hours.
- Good IT skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding organisation and influencing skills.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Clearly accountable.
- Energetic and driven.
- Good communicator.
- Commercial acumen.
- Well respected and experienced leader.
- Personally champions the club’s values in all interactions with others.
- Customer Focus - Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service
- Interpersonal sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
- Leadership - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can assess each person’s strengths and use them to get the best out of him/her; promotes confidence and optimistic attitude; is someone people like working for and with; inspires and motivates others; influences others to follow a common goal
- Dealing with Ambiguity/Change - Maintains performance with changing circumstances; handles stress; able to move into action without having the total picture; tolerates uncertainty
- Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Teamwork - Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player, and is cooperative; looks for common ground, and solves problems for the good of all
- Results orientation - Focuses on desired results and sets and achieves challenging goals.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send the following: Letter of application highlighting relevant experience; up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and details of current remuneration, via email to Jackie Roy.
Email: [email protected] (please include job title in the subject matter of the email)
Closing date for applications: 28th February 2015