1 September 2017
There's just one day to go until London Irish’s return to the Aviva Premiership when the London Double Header descends on Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 2 September. With two great games for the price of one and plenty to do at Twickenham for all ages, it’s a great way to see in the season and the perfect end to the summer holidays!
The forecast’s good so come and take full advantage of the Supporter Village which opens at the stadium at 11.30am with a signing session with the London Irish players, inflatables, challenges, the chance to win London Irish prizes, face painting, music and all the refreshments you could need.
The London Irish Club Shop will be selling our 2017/18 home shirt as well as the new Fan Radios which offer supporters access to ref mic and match commentary live during the game and throughout the season at any Premiership ground. We will also be handing out free London Irish Clap Banners at our gazebo in the Supporter Village to help you raise the roof to support the team!
11.30am: Supporter Village opens:
- Bungee run
- Surf simulator
- Gladiator duel
- Bouncy castle
- Obstacle course
- Face painting
- Your chance to pick up a free London Irish clap banner, and buy your 2017/18 London Irish shirt and fan radio for the season
- A range of food and drink options
2pm: Saracens v Northampton Saints kick-off
3pm to 3.45pm: London Irish players will be at our gazebo in the Supporter Village, come and say hello and bring something for them to sign!
3.15pm to 3.30pm: Team arrive (Lion Gate)
- Grab your free Clap Banners from the London Irish gazebo in the Supporter Village to give the team a big welcome to Twickenham!
4pm: Pre-match Entertainment (Inside the stadium)
- Brass band playing some sing-a-long favourites!
- Performance from Maguire O'Shea Academy of Irish Dance
- Ruairi MacManus will lead a rendition of the Fields of Athenry
4.45pm: London Irish v Harlequins kick-off
5.25pm: Half-time (Inside the stadium)
- Performance from the Games Maker Choir
- London Double Header Festival Tag Rugby on the pitch
6.35pm: Post-match (Supporter Village)
- Some tunes from our resident DJ
- You'll still have chance to buy your London Irish kit and your fan radio for the season for an hour after the final whistle
- There will be food and drink aplenty until 8pm
Tickets from £25 for adults and £15 for children will be on sale at the stadium ticket office in the south east corner of the stadium from 10am tomorrow.
Members, please bring your London Double Header paper ticket for entry into the stadium. Your London Irish Membership card is not valid at Twickenham.