15 March 2017
Tom Parton and Joe Cokanasiga start for England Under-20s in this Friday’s Grand Slam decider against Ireland at Donnybrook Stadium (kick-off 6pm).
Theo Brophy Clews, who scored the final try in last week’s 33-5 victory over Scotland is also amongst the replacements as England look to round off their campaign in style.
London Irish Director of Rugby Nick Kennedy, who worked with the trio as Academy Manager, said: “All three of them as well as Rory Brand have played their part in this season’s competition, with each player making a significant impact.
“It’s clear to see that they are improving as rugby players and their exposure to first team rugby with London Irish has certainly aided their development.
“I would like to wish them well for Friday.”
England Under-20s have made four changes, with Sam Aspland-Robinson, Tom Curry and Nick Isiekwe returning to the side, while Gloucester hooker Henry Walker earns his first start.
18-year old Sale Sharks twins Tom and Ben Curry start together for the first time, taking their place in the backrow alongside captain Zach Mercer.
Worcester Warriors forwards Joseph Morris and Justin Clegg also return and are among the replacements.
England Under-20 coach Ian Vass said: “We have been working hard on making sure the players concentrate on how they perform and don’t focus too much on the occasion. It’s important we prepare ourselves mentally and physically like we have previously in the tournament and hopefully the result will take care of itself.
“Scotland was a stern test for us but we came through it positively and we know facing Ireland on St Patrick’s Day will be another massive challenge.”
15. Tom Parton (London Irish)
14. Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish)
13. Dominic Morris (Saracens)
12. Will Butler (Worcester Warriors)
11. Sam Aspland-Robinson (Harlequins)
10. Max Malins (Saracens)
9. Harry Randall (Gloucester Rugby)
1. Ollie Dawe (Bristol Rugby)
2. Henry Walker (Gloucester Rugby)
3. Ciaran Knight (Gloucester Rugby)
4. Jack Nay (Saracens)
5. Nick Isiekwe (Saracens)
6. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
7. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks)
8. Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby) captain
16. Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons)
17. Ralph Adams-Hale (Saracens)
18. Joseph Morris (Worcester Warriors)
19. Justin Clegg (Worcester Warriors)
20. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby)
21. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints)
22. Theo Brophy Clews (London Irish)
23. Max Wright (Yorkshire Carnegie)
England U20’s 2017 Six Nations fixtures
England 59 - 17 France: Saturday 4th February – Sandy Park, Exeter
Wales 21 - 37 England: Friday 10th February – Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay
England 46 - 0 Italy: Friday 24th February – Darlington Mowden Park
England 33 - 5 Scotland: Saturday 11th March – Franklin’s Gardens, Northampton
Ireland v England: Friday 17th March – Donnybrook Stadium, (kick-off 6pm)