12 August 2020
London Irish is pleased to confirm that Season Ticket holders will be given free access to the club’s remaining home fixtures of the 2019/20 season broadcast on the BT Sport App.
This is designed for Season Ticket holders who do not already have a BT Sport subscription and can’t attend the home matches in person due to the current restrictions.
Here’s how it works:
- The week before the fixture, Season Ticket holders will be emailed with a unique Match Pass ID
- They register on BT by visiting bt.com/matchpass and entering their unique Match Pass ID
- After registering, they will receive further guidance from BT on how to watch the match
- On the day of the game, BT will send an email with your BT Sport credentials
- Once credentials have been received and when they are ready to tune in, use the supplied credentials to access the BT Sport App and enjoy the match
- After the game has finished, the credentials will be invalidated by BT
- Repeat the process for the next home game
The club can also confirm that the home game against Northampton Saints on Saturday 22 August will be broadcast live on Channel 5. Due to the fact the match will be shown live on free-to-air TV, BT Match Pass will not be operating for that fixture. Therefore, the first game that supporters will be able to use the Match Pass service is London Irish v Saracens on Monday 31 August. Season Ticket holders will receive an email W/C 24 August with their Match Pass ID for that game.
Season Tickets holders should note the following information:
- You can watch the game on the BT Sport App on all supported devices
- Full BT Sport App/Web functionality will be provided (e.g. ability to cast)
- You will be able to view two streams concurrently on separate devices using your Match Pass
- The Match Pass does not provide access to BT Sport on any other TV platform (BT TV, Plusnet TV, TalkTalk TV, Virgin Media or Sky).
- A dedicated ‘Match Pass’ contact centre will be available from four hours before scheduled match kick-off until after the match has finished with phone or chat support available. You will need to provide your Match Pass ID and registered email address.
- If you already have a subscription to BT Sport, this will provide a fuller experience and so you should not register for Match Pass
- Match Pass will not run for games that are broadcast free-to-air on Channel 5
- Only one Season Ticket holder per household should register for Match Pass
Supporters also have the option to watch all of London Irish’s home and away matches, as well as other clubs’ fixtures, by purchasing a BT Sport Monthly Pass for £25. This offers no-contract access for one month at a time and is available on a range of devices including Samsung smart TV, Sony PlayStation, Xbox, Now TV, Apple TV and mobiles and tablets.