Premiership Rugby have announced a target restart date of August 15 to complete the remainder of the 2019/20 season, given that it is safe to do so. London Irish can now confirm the club’s ticketing policy regarding the five remaining home fixtures.
It has not yet been confirmed if these fixtures will be played behind closed doors, or if spectators will be allowed. If supporters are to be admitted, then all tickets, Season Tickets and hospitality bookings will remain valid.
However, if games are to be played behind closed doors, moved to other venues or are subject to cancellation, supporters have a number of options.
You are able to request a refund, or there is an option to donate the value to London Irish. The club recognises that many will be experiencing financial difficulties at this time, but any supporters that are able to consider donating would be playing a significant part in seeing the club through the current economic challenge.
Supporters who are eligible for a refund will receive an email from the club asking for their preference. In order to manage the process smoothly, communications will be staggered:
- Hospitality customers - Wednesday 10 June
- Season Ticket holders – Wednesday 17 June
- Match ticket purchasers – Wednesday 24 June
The initial email will ask supporters if they are happy to donate their outstanding balance to the club, or if they would like to request a refund. For those who request a refund, a further email will be sent offering the choice of three refund options:
- A+20% value-added online gift card to redeem against exclusive money-can’t-buy experiences, memorabilia or London Irish merchandise
- +20% Value-added ticket creditto redeem against match tickets and/or Season Tickets at the Brentford Community Stadium
- Acash refund
Please note the following important information regarding the refund process:
- Value-added online gift cards or ticket credit will be processed within seven working days. These refund options will be processed regardless of the status of these fixtures. If a supporter opts for a value-added online gift card or ticket credit, and spectatorsare allowed to attend the rescheduled games, tickets will need to be repurchased.
- For the value-added options, the club will increase the value of refunds by an additional 20%. Options include signed merchandise, unworn playing jersey’s, behind-the-scenes stadium toursand watching training at Hazelwood followed by lunch with the players (subject to Covid restrictions).
- Value-added ticket credit can be used for the following options:
- A 2020/21 Season Ticket (including paying the remaining balance for those who have already paid a reservation fee – please note this must be done by 30 June)
- A 3-year Season Ticket covering the 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons at a fixed cost. A 3-year Season Ticket will go on sale later this month
- Match tickets for fixtures played at the Brentford Community Stadium. Supporters who have already purchased a 2020/21 Season Ticket will have the option to upgrade to a 3-year Season Ticket.
Please note that ticket credit will not be applicable for rescheduled 2019/20 fixtures.
- Cash refunds will not be issued until there has been an official announcement from Premiership Rugby regarding the status of the rescheduled fixtures. Once such an announcement has been made, if the fixtures are to be played behind closed doors or are cancelled, refunds will be processed automatically.
- Supporters who request a cash refund at this stage will be given the option to opt-out of their refund and retain your ticket if spectators are allowed to attend the rearranged fixtures.
- Supporters who choose to donate the value of their ticket(s) to the club will be issued with free tickets to the rearranged fixtures if spectators are allowed.
- Season Ticket holders who also have a seasonal parking permit, or a Patron Membership, the pro-rata value of these will be included in the refund amount.
- Supporters will have three weeks to submit their preference.If the club has not been notified of the decision by the deadline, the value of the refund will be considered as donated to the club. Supporters reserve the right to request a refund until the last working day before the commencement of the 2020/21 season.
All relevant customers should have received an email or phone call from the club. If you have not yet heard anything and believe you should have, please email [email protected] for hospitality customers or [email protected] for Season Ticket holders or match ticket purchasers.
London Irish CEO Brian Facer said: “The coronavirus pandemic has been extremely disruptive and caused enormous changes to our daily lives.
“The club and our Foundation have conducted some outstanding work during the past few weeks to support the NHS and those on the frontline through our #PoweringTheNHS initiative and we are now asking you, our loyal supporters, to help the club get through this difficult period.
“The short, medium and long-term future is something we can only scenario plan for at the moment, as the reality of this global health crisis continues to bite, but any sort of financial help is crucial to the club, as we look towards brighter days.”