London Irish Rugby Camps provide a comprehensive coaching programme that will develop the skills and techniques required for today’s modern game.
Spring 2023 Camp Schedule
London Irish Rugby Camps are run over two- or three-day periods and are open to both girls and boys between the ages of 7-15. The camps are held at different clubs and schools around the local community areas. Grasshoppers RFC, Bracknell RFC, Kings House School and Hazelwood Centre – the home of London Irish are examples of our recent hosts. Our main philosophy is to ensure enjoyment and to aspire the participants to improve their skills, knowledge and understanding of the sport. To achieve this, we focus on the core skills including passing, catching, decision-making, running, support play, tackling and much more. After focusing on a few core skills, we like to implement what they have learnt into a game scenario to help them understand why we are practicing certain skills. Doing this allows for the participants to see it in action and to learn when it is effective to perform the skills in a game-based scenario.
The London Irish Skills Clinics are designed for girls and boys aged 12-18. Skills Clinics differ from our normal camps, as the coaches look to break down the skills to the minor details, allowing for a better focus and ability to improve. Our more recent Skills Clinics have focused on kicking, passing, tackling, breakdowns and set pieces. This is a brilliant opportunity for aspiring rugby players to learn from the professionals as we welcome London Irish players to the sessions to offer their advice. This could be Nick Phipps working on passing, Seán O’Brien sharing tips on the breakdown or Blair Cowan showing the perfect tackle technique.
The London Irish Residential Camps takes place annually in the summer and is for ages 12-18. This is an opportunity for kids to see first-hand what it is like to train, work, eat and sleep like a professional rugby player. We aim to build the participant’s understanding and knowledge on specific areas of the game while they work and help their fellow players to get the best out of each other in a professional environment. They will also experience other sessions away from the rugby pitch to give them a better understanding of the holistic approach that a rugby player takes. Most people do not see what goes on behind-the-scenes in a professional environment, so this is a chance to see and learn how the professionals prepare away from the field. The participants will get to delve into strength & conditioning, study performance analysis and explore sport psychology.
- Top quality coaching from our best community coaches
- London Irish t-shirt*
- Q&A with a London Irish Player**
*When in stock
**Subject to availability depending on first team playing schedule.
Rugby Camps 2022/23
With the Covid-19 outbreak, the decision has been taken to revise the camps for this season to ensure that they are a safe environment, without implicating the knowledge or enjoyment value of the days.
With this in mind, the camps will be structured to follow the RFU guidelines.
You do not need to be a member of a host club or school to take part - everyone is welcome on a London Irish Rugby Camp!
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is a London Irish Rugby Camp? - Unless stated otherwise, our typical Rugby Camp prices are as follows: 1 day camps - £40 per player, 2 day camps - £60 per player and 3 day camps - £90 per player.
- Do I need to have played rugby before? - Whether you are an experienced player or completely new to the game, our Rugby Camps are suitable for players of all abilities.
- How about lunch? - Lunch is not included in the price of our Rugby Camp - players will need to bring a suitable packed lunch to keep them energised throughout the day.
- Do I need to be a member of the host club or school to take part? - No. Everyone is welcome on a London Irish Rugby Camp.
- What do I need to bring to a Rugby Camp? - Players will need suitable training kit, extra layers and waterproofs, suncream (if it's sunny!), water bottle, packed lunch, mouthguard (for U9s onwards), and any other protective kit you might want to wear.
- What is a London Irish Rugby Camp like? - Check out our video below to get a feel for our camps!
- What time does the camp start? Unless stated all camps start at 9.30am and finish at 3.30pm
Would you like to become a host venue?
London Irish carefully select each of our host venues to ensure the best facilities are available to our camp players. We work in partnership with our host venues to support, promote and market the camp to the host players' database as well as within the local community.
As a host venue, not only do you get an official affiliation with London Irish, but your players will also have access to our camp right on their doorstep. In addition to this, host venues also have the opportunity to raise funds through our cash back scheme earning up to:
- £5 per player on 3 day camps
- £3 per player on 2 day camps
- £1.50 per player on 1 day camps
We require venues to provide access to the clubhouse for registration, indoor shelter from the sun/rain and for prize presentations as well as access to a suitable lunch area and access to changing rooms and toilets throughout the day.