London Irish Rugby Camps provide a comprehensive coaching programme that will develop the skills and techniques required for today’s modern game.
About our camps
The core values on which all London Irish Rugby Camps are based are inclusiveness, openness, and a team ethos; all of which we actively encourage participants to respect and develop for themselves.
Our Rugby Camp programme has been developed by our professional academy and community coaches for players of all abilities and positions. Whether you are new to the game or the next Topsy Ojo, our camps provide the perfect mix of technical coaching and games which are delivered in a fun, safe and professional rugby environment. Our camps are open to players from U7 to U14 (players will be separated into specific age groups).
- Top quality coaching from our best community coaches
- Q&A with a London Irish Player*
* Subject to availability depending on first team playing schedule.
Summer Rugby Camps 2020
The London Irish Community team is delighted to reveal the dates for their Summer Rugby camps.
With the Covid-19 outbreak, the decision has been taken to revise the camps for this summer to ensure that they are a safe environment, without implicating the knowledge or enjoyment value of the days.
With this in mind, the camps will be structures as ‘Skills Clinics’ lasting an hour and a half per group, with the group sizes limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
Kings House School in Chiswick and Bracknell RFC are the confirmed locations for the summer camps with the dates below:
How to book your camp
To book your place on a London Irish Rugby Camp, or for more information please click here. You do not need to be a member of a host club or school to take part - everyone is welcome on a London Irish Rugby Camp!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is a London Irish Rugby Camp? - Unless stated otherwise, our typical Rugby Camp prices are as follows: 1 day camps - £40 per player, 2 day camps - £60 per player and 3 day camps - £90 per player.
- Do I need to have played rugby before? - Whether you are an experienced player or completely new to the game, our Rugby Camps are suitable for players of all abilities.
- How about lunch? - Lunch is not included in the price of our Rugby Camp - players will need to bring a suitable packed lunch to keep them energised throughout the day.
- Do I need to be a member of the host club or school to take part? - No. Everyone is welcome on a London Irish Rugby Camp.
- What do I need to bring to a Rugby Camp? - Players will need suitable training kit, extra layers and waterproofs, suncream (if it's sunny!), water bottle, packed lunch, mouthguard (for U9s onwards), and any other protective kit you might want to wear.
- What is a London Irish Rugby Camp like? - Check out our video below to get a feel for our camps!
- What time does the camp start? Unless stated all camps start at 9.30am and finish at 3.30pm
Would you like to become a host venue?
London Irish carefully select each of our host venues to ensure the best facilities are available to our camp players. We work in partnership with our host venues to support, promote and market the camp to the host players' database as well as within the local community.
As a host venue, not only do you get an official affiliation with London Irish, but your players will also have access to our camp right on their doorstep. In addition to this, host venues also have the opportunity to raise funds through our cash back scheme earning up to:
- £5 per player on 3 day camps
- £3 per player on 2 day camps
- £1.50 per player on 1 day camps
We require venues to provide access to the clubhouse for registration, indoor shelter from the sun/rain and for prize presentations as well as access to a suitable lunch area and access to changing rooms and toilets throughout the day.
If you would like to find out more about how to become an official London Irish Rugby Camp host venue, call 01932 750100 or email [email protected]