20 November 2017
9 November 2017
Location: Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex
Reporting to: Head of marketing and communications
The Company: London Irish RFC
The marketing executive will be part of a busy marketing and communications team developing and implementing innovative marketing plans, and ticketing strategies and processes to maximise London Irish membership and ticketing revenue and attendances.
- Work with the head of marketing and communications to devise, execute and monitor marketing plans to achieve ticketing revenue and attendance targets.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the club’s target audiences, strategic context and commercial activities to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Design and edit marketing materials.
- Manage the relationship between the club and its members including monthly member and bimonthly Exiles member ezines.
- Be an internal champion for membership and match day ticketing campaigns to drive sales with participation from all departments.
- Answer enquiries from supporters and members.
- Manage the supporter feedback process.
- Monitor and report on ticket sales on a daily basis.
- Manage internal ticket systems ie player tickets, sponsor tickets.
- Support the delivery of the club’s marketing across all media platforms.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to other departments as required including the retail and community departments.
- Work with the head of marketing and communications to develop and run the membership campaign each season.
- Manage Junior Exiles Club membership and activity.
- To assist with match day activities where required.
- To be responsible for third party, collaborative partnerships and promotional events ie database sharing and experiential marketing.
- Assist with any other tasks relevant to the marketing and communications team.
Skills and Experience
- Two years experience in marketing and / or ticketing.
- Proficient in Photoshop and InDesign.
- A marketing degree or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including copywriting and proofing skills.
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Experience in a customer facing role and environment.
- A positive, can do outlook.
- A team player who is comfortable working in a close knit team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
This position will require weekend working on match days.
To apply for this position, please send a covering email, your CV, an example of some marketing promotional material you have designed and your salary expectation to [email protected] by 11.30pm on Monday, 27 November.